The department was established in the year of 1999 with an intake of 40 students. The intake was raised to 60 during the year 2000-2001 and 90 during the year 2007-2008. The department is permanently affiliated by Anna University during the academic year 2014-2015.We have a team of experienced faculty members to guide the students. Faculty members equip themselves with latest technologies by attending FDP, workshops etc. Seminars and workshops are conducted regularly to make the students industry ready. Students have achieved a lot in paper presentation, project contests, sports etc. The department has an excellent placement record, by placing the students in many MNC companies with highest pay.
UG: B.TECH – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
To evolve as a distinguished center of academic excellence in Information Technology discipline by creating engineers for ground-breaking technologies of IT enabled industries.
- To provide a high standard learning environment to
- To prepare the students to attain
knowledge in the fundamental and applied aspects of IT field.
- To provide a system for the
performance evaluation of students to help in improving their academic
- To conduct frequent training
programs and value added courses to facilitate the students for their
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To ensure graduates will be proficient in utilizing the fundamental knowledge of basic sciences, mathematics and Information Technology for the applications relevant to various streams of Engineering and Technology.
- To enrich graduates with the core competencies necessary for applying
knowledge of computers and telecommunications equipment to store, retrieve,
transmit, manipulate and analyze data in the context of business enterprise.
- To enable graduates to think logically, pursue lifelong learning and
will have the capacity to understand technical issues related to computing
systems and to design optimal solutions.
- To enable graduates to develop hardware and software systems by
understanding the importance of social, business and environmental needs in the
- To enable graduates to gain employment in organizations and establish
themselves as professionals by applying their technical skills to solve real
world problems and meet the diversified needs of industry, academia and
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
ENGINEERING GRADUATES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science,engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problemanalysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyzecomplex engineering problems reaching
substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural
sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineeringproblems and design system components or processes that meet the
specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and
safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex
problems: Use research-based knowledgeand research methods including design
of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the
information to provide valid conclusions.
tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques,
resources,and modern engineering
and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities
with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextualknowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural
issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professionalengineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and
demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics andresponsibilities and norms of the
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as amember or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activitieswith the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understandingof the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and abilityto engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES (PSOs)
- To create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- To manage complex IT projects
with consideration of the human, financial, ethical and environmental factors
and an understanding of risk management processes, and operational and policy