Robotics and Automation
Department of Robotics and Automation a four year Bachelor of Engineering UG programme is launched in the year of 2018 with an intake of 60 students. The growth of robotics has been tremendously high in the recent years and the next few years are to witness great advancement in robotic technology. In Consequent, to the technology paradigm shift in the robotics field makes industrial revolution. Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Robotics & Automation has become one of the top most career choices among the aspirants. Robotics and Automation programme focus on the construction and operation, design automation of robotic devices, computer systems for necessary control action, feedback sensor and information processing. Through project based learning, design thinking, and inquiry learning, students will explore the technical skills needed to design and fabricate physical devices. Robotics and Automation is an interdisciplinary branch of Engineering that include Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science, Sensors and Instrumentation, Industrial Automation, Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning, Nanotechnology, Bio Engineering and Machine Vision.
||B.E – ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION
- To raise engineers and researchers for industrial competitiveness and societal challenges with an interdisciplinary approach on part with professional attitude and ethical values with the ability to apply acquired knowledge, to have a productive career.
- To equip the students with adequate knowledge in the field of Robotics and Automation through effective teaching and learning process to meet the industrial expectations.
- To enhance the research initiatives in the department focusing through a project based approach in collaboration with industries.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Bachelor of Robotics and Automation Engineering curriculum is designed to prepare the graduates having attitude and knowledge to
- Have successful professional and technical career
- Have strong foundation in basic science, mathematics and computational platform
- Have knowledge on the theory and practices in the field and service of robotics engineering and allied areas
- Engross in lifelong learning to keep themselves abreast of new development
- Practice and inspire high ethical values and technical statements
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- Ability to identify the electrical, electronic and mechanical components and use of them design or machine elements and transmission systems
- Ability to design automatic manufacturing cells with robotics control
- Ability to understand the electronic control system in metal machining and other manufacturing process
- Ability to understand the features and operation of automation products
- Ability to understand ethical and professional responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in interdisciplinary groups
- Ability to review, comprehend and report technological development