The Department of
Textile Technology was started in the year 2008 offering 4 year B Tech.
(Textile Technology) full time program affiliated to Anna University, Chennai.
This program is a division of engineering where the principles of
scientific techniques are utilized for the manufacturing and development
textiles and clothing.
The institute is ideally
located in close proximity to Coimbatore city, The Manchester of South India
and Tirupur, the knitwear hub. Thus students have ample opportunities to undergo
internship programs and get placed in industries. Faculty members are competent
and well qualified with rich experience in industry and academia; they are
encouraged to participate in inter-collegiate events, pursue higher studies and
contribute publishing research articles in journals and conferences.
The Department is
equipped with laboratories for yarn, fabric & apparel production, textile
chemical processing and textile quality evaluation. Textile Association is very
active in delivering expert lectures, co-curricular and extracurricular events.
Workshops and seminars have been organized to keep abreast of new developments.The
department has also been producing gold medalists and university rank holders.
It takes pride of securing 100% placement for its students year after year.
To keep pace with advancing technologies, it has
tied-up with leading industries and maintains industry-institute interaction. The
Department by and large ensures every student to excel in his professional and
social walks of life.
To be a centre offeringan atmosphere for the best teaching-learning process by roping in all stakeholders
- Deliver the best to students, imparting sound technical knowledge, upgrading their soft skills and moulding them socially responsible citizens.
- Industry – Institute interaction
- R & D and consultancy activities.
- Continual improvement in teaching-learning process and adopting modern pedagogical tools.
- Periodic interaction with prominent alumni, academicians and industries.
|| B Tech. – Textile Technology (Full Time 4 years)
Program educational objectives (PEOs)
of Textile Technology curriculum is designed to prepare the graduates having
attitude and knowledge to
- Have powerful base to pursue a successful professional and
- Have strong foundation in basic sciences, mathematics,
engineering and experimentation skills to comprehend the manufacturing
processes and provide practical and innovative solutions.
- Have knowledge on the theory and practices in the field of
textile technology and allied areas to manage textile industry and provide
techno-economic solutions to the problems.
- Engross in life-long learning to keep abreast with emerging
- Practice and inspire high ethical values and maintain high
Programme Outcome: (POs)
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
in textile production processes and product design.
- Ability to apply knowledge on fiber, yarn, fabric
manufacture, chemical processing and testing of textiles in the field of
- Ability to apply the knowledge on theory of yarn structure,
fabric structure and design concepts on product development
- Ability to identify and solve technological problems in
textile and apparel industry
- Ability to analyze and apply knowledge in the field of
design and production of textile products using computational platforms and
- Commitment to implement the professional and ethical values.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for
practicing in the textile industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in interdisciplinary
- Ability to review, comprehend and report technological